The last couple years for all of us have been ones of significant change. Whether that change has been more than finally getting a Facebook account or not, all of us have been impacted in some way by technology and a changing economic climate. How do we handle change?
If the phrase “change or die” is at all true, then I acknowledge it isn’t something I can hide from, and actually the longer I put off the inevitable, like my taxes, the greater the penalties. Yet trying to keep up with changes can be overwhelming…so now what?
• I acknowledge that change is necessary and decide when to start.
• If I don’t know what I want the change to look like, I start by getting more information.
• I don’t expect to arrive. Change is no longer periodical, but continuous.
• I don’t expect to hammer it out and be done. I won’t ever get done, so I need to pace myself for the long haul.
• I enjoy the learning curve. I am going to have one, so I might as well enjoy it.
• I am not afraid to laugh at myself. All things tend to be done poorly, before they are done well!
• I accept the things I can change and the things I can not.